Sprint #3 - 5/27 - 6/10
Progress! Well, at least some. While that turned out to be less than difficult than I thought, at the same time this was a rather unproductive couple of weeks for a number of reasons. I think the biggest challenge here is going to be staying motivated.
So, last sprints goals were:
- Fix the level select menu.
- Got it working. I'm still not entirely sure what was wrong, but I changed how the surfaces were being drawn and it works now.
- Make it possible to leave the screen in directions other than right.
- You can go left now. Theoretically, you can go up and down too, but I haven't actually tested that out yet.
- Make a smooth screen transition between the rooms.
- The scrolling transition works pretty well. It probably needs some tweaking, and I need to put the blink transition back in for certain things like resetting a level or going to the menu. Also, it makes it really obvious that the levels don't fit together seamlessly. That wasn't really a design goal to begin with, but if I want the scrolling transitions, I'll have to fix that somehow.
For the next sprint:
- Test up and down screen transitions.
- Controller support - Using the controller shouldn't require any special input from the player.
- Handle controller input on the initial control mapping.
- Add the control-toggle accessibility option.
- Keybind safeties - Don't allow CTRL to be bound in the HTML build.
Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention. This weekend is the Extra Credits Game Jam, which I'll be taking part in.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.